It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here are some of my favorite parts of the week:
1. A good report. I mentioned last week that a routine colonoscopy showed everything was fine except for one little polyp which was removed and looked to be benign. I got the official word back this week that it was indeed benign and I don’t have to deal with colonoscopies for another 10 years. Yay!
2. Oven meals. I think I say that every year about this time. 🙂 I don’t use the oven much at all during warmer weather, because the AC just can’t keep up. So adding some of those meals that take 45-60 minutes in the oven revives the meal-planning a bit, and I enjoy popping something in and then having an hour or so to do something else.
3. Pumpkin carving night. Jason and Mittu made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, and then we carved our pumpkins.
And spending time with this little punkin is always a fave. 🙂
He got a good report from the physical therapist this week that he is right on target in his development.
4. My dear husband has been on a roll the last couple of weeks. I neglected to mention last week how much I appreciated his taking care of the rest of the household while I was out of commission preparing for the colonoscopy. During his day off he caulked the area between the kitchen counters and backsplash and last weekend he painted a door and cleaned our bathroom. We have very hard water in our area and I had been scrubbing at some spots to no avail, but he got them with Magic Eraser and Lime-Away (and I am sure more elbow grease than I have 🙂 ). I don’t think our bathroom has looked this good since we moved in. He works so long and hard, I hate for him to have tasks to do at home as well, but I so appreciate them – and him!
5. The end of the 31 days writing challenge. It has been enjoyable, but it also took more time and work than I’d thought it would. It will be nice not to feel like I *have* to post every day. 🙂 The 31 Dayers Facebook group added a lot to the enjoyment. I wish I could have kept up with several of the posters there – but there is only so much time in the day to read blogs, even though they contain good stuff. But I did enjoy what I did have time to read.