It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here are some highlights of my week:
1. Feeling back to normal after the “procedure that wasn’t” last week. I was thinking I shouldn’t have much to recover from since they didn’t actually do the procedure, but I guess poking around in my heart for a couple of hours takes its toll.
2. Hospital discount. Forgot to mention this last week, but when we got a call for pregistration, we were told if we wanted to go ahead and pay our portion then, we’d get a 20% discount. Since we were still paying from our deductible before insurance kicked in, that helped quite a lot.
3. Nature’s Valley Protein Crunchy Granola with Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate.
Saw this in the grocery store and decided to try it. Normally I don’t care for dark chocolate, but this is good. The protein helps with those low late morning or afternoon slumps.
4. A new pastor. Some of you may remember that our pastor passed away last September. We recently voted on a new pastor, and he accepted the position. He happens to be our former assistant pastor! Now we will need to look for a new assistant, but I am hoping that is not as long a process. Even though the leadership has been doing a great job — the church hasn’t just been sitting on the sidelines, but has been engaging in various ministries along the way — it does feel good to have a designated senior pastor to take the reins.
5. Jason and Mittu’s anniversary. Hard to believe it has been six years already, and this year has been momentous with a new job, having a preemie baby who is doing great, and a new home. We watched little Timothy while his mom and dad went out for dinner, and he did well. He’s such a joy!