Tarissa of In the Bookcase hosts the Literary Christmas Reading Challenge each year in November and December. The basic idea is to read Christmas books! Since I like to read Christmas books in December anyway, this challenge was a nice fit. The details of the challenge are here.
One of the requirements of the challenge is to write a post expressing our intent to participate and sharing what we’ll be reading.
I have these books on hand and hope to read as many of them as possible:
- Loving My Actual Christmas: An Experiment in Relishing the Season by Alexandra Kuykendall
- Good Tidings of Great Joy: A Collection of Christmas Sermons by Charles Spurgeon
- Catching Christmas by Terri Blackstock
- Christmas Stitches: A Historical Romance Collection: 3 Stories of Women Sewing Hope and Love Through the Holidays, by Judith Miller, Nancy Moser, and Stephanie Grace Whitson
- Till Morning Is Nigh: A Wortham Family Christmas by Leisha Kelly
- Yuletide Treasure by Lauraine Snelling and Jillian Hart
- Tidings of Peace by Tracie Peterson
- A Christmas by the Sea by Melody Carlson
Usually I pick up a few more through sales during the holiday season, but then have eto wait til the next year to read them..
I have a couple of older Christmas story anthologies on hand, but I’ll leave those off til I see whether I get to them.
I usually make myself wait until after Thanksgiving to start any Christmas reading. But I may give myself a head start this year.
Do you read Christmas books during the holidays?