It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week
with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Happy Valentine’s Day to you! I hope you have a wonderful day sharing love with others. This has been a busy week, but here are some of the bright spots in it:
1. Phone battery restored. My phone’s battery seemed to be slowly dying. I needed to charge it up increasingly often until it got to the point of having to keep it plugged in any time I wasn’t using it. I asked my son if he had any advice short of getting a new phone. He said making sure my operating system and apps were all updated might help a little. So I did that. Then one night when I noticed the phone was nearly dead, I let it run all the way out before I recharged it. The battery has been doing great since then, going all day without a recharge.
2. Laptop doing well. I get along better with my desktop than my laptop, but I do need my laptop sometimes. But it had been having a number of problems. Two of my sons worked on it around Christmas, putting all the files on a CD and then taking the computer back to factory reset. This is the first week I have used it extensively since then, and it did great.
3. Rain stopped. I mentioned last week we had rain and flooding. We had even more rain this week. It finally stopped yesterday, and we’re supposed to have clear skies the next few days. We’re even supposed to see the sun later today! I am also thankful the temperatures were moderate during all the rain (mostly 40s during the day). If they had been below freezing, we would have been in even more of a mess with all the precipitation.
4. Podcasts with Valerie Elliot Shephard. If you’ve read here long, you know I love the ministry of Elisabeth Elliot and considered her a mentor from afar. This week Nancy DeMoss Wolgemuth has been interviewing Valerie, Elisabeth’s daughter, on the Revive Our Hearts radio program every day this week. The Christian radio station I listen to doesn’t carry that program, but the ministry made the interviews available via podcast. I enjoyed listening to them while making Valentine cards. I don’t listen to podcasts much—I usually listen to music or audiobooks. But now that I know ROH has them, I might tune in more.
5. Valentine’s Day! One of my favorite holidays! I’ll be making heart-shaped cupcakes and mini meatloaves later today, and I’m looking forward to celebrating with the family tonight.