It’s Friday, time to count the blessings of the week
with Susanne and other friends at Living to Tell the Story.
Here we are near the end of November already, and Thanksgiving next week. But we don’t have to wait til Thursday to be thankful! Here are a few things I’ve appreciated the last few days:
1. My youngest son got a job! He has been working on it for a long time, and finally got a “yes!” He has to wait for results from a background check and drug test, but those shouldn’t be problems.
2. Dinner and a movie at home. Jason and Mittu brought over dinner last Friday and then we all watched Klaus together. It was a pretty cute movie.
3. Ladies Bible study group met last Saturday. Always a joy.
4. Sweaters and throw blankets. This time of year, they add just the right layer of warmth.
5. Sleep. For some reason, I woke up in the middle of the night and then couldn’t get back to sleep for 2-3 hours. I went back to bed this morning after Jim left, so I don’t feel quite as much like a zombie as I did at first. I’m thankful I have the kind of schedule that allows me to go back to bed, but I regret losing daytime hours to sleep that should have come during the night.
Bonus: A text from Jason about my grandson, Timothy. Looks like someone is eager for Christmas. 🙂