It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I think we’re finally on the mend from whatever we’ve had lately. Hopefully. Still coughing, but without the raging sore throat, tiredness, fuzzy-brained bleah feeling, and other symptoms.
1. A gift of art. My son, Jason, made this bird picture for me. I told about how it came to be here.
2. An unexpected gift. I had to miss our ladies’ group at church due to being sick, and my pastor’s wife dropped by afterward and left this on my porch, with a card signed by the ladies.
3. A gift of ham. We also had to miss the church potluck Sunday, and afterward our pastor and his wife dropped off a big pan of leftover ham plus a couple of other goodies. Such a blessing, as I did not at all feel like cooking last weekend. We’ve been eating from it all week.
4. Goodies. We invited Jason and Mittu over to eat some of the ham one night, as Jason and Timothy were sick, too, so wouldn’t be harmed by exposure to us. Mittu made a gluten-free pumpkin spice cake that was really good. Often GF cakes are on the dry side, but this was really moist and tasted so good. Then, I’m not real big on Little Debbies, other than Swiss Cake Rolls, but I keep some in the house for my youngest. I bought this new one to try, and it was really good.
I try to hold off on Christmas until after Thanksgiving, but thought I could make an exception in this case. 🙂
5. A husband who patiently fixes things. I had wanted to change the inadequate lighting in the sewing/craft room and found what I thought was the perfect light fixture, with three moveable parts that could be aimed at the work desk, sewing desk, and futon. But it not only didn’t shed any more light: it left dark shadows anywhere the light wasn’t pointing. So I searched for ceiling light fixtures online and found another one I thought might do. But I didn’t realize til it got here that it was for a ceiling fan. I finally asked him to just put back the old one. He found an old light fixture that he had saved from somewhere else in the house that had a place for two bulbs and suggested a brighter LED light bulb. So we’re back in business with better lighting. In all of that he didn’t once complain or scold or even sigh – at least not in my hearing. 🙂 And! While putting up the last fixture he found a wire in the ceiling that had been nicked and sparked when it touched the ground wire, so we were glad he discovered that and was able to fix it. Then we had a maddening leaky kitchen faucet for a few days, and he had to order a part to fix it (after having to search and compare pictures since nothing on the faucet itself identified what brand it was), and fixed it right away once the part came in.
So, all in all, a good week. I hope yours was, too.