It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It seems like we’re having round two of colds. Jim is mainly over his except for a lingering cough, especially if he talks a lot. But mine is starting up in earnest with a sore throat and congestion. I am hoping and praying it doesn’t get as severe or last as long as Jim’s.
On last week’s FFF, many of you commented on my mention of live streaming a wedding. I wanted to explain that the wedding took place in a church that was set up to live stream their services, and the church just offered that technology for the wedding as well. Since the couple has friends from all over the country, it was nice for those of us who couldn’t come to be able to watch.
On to this week’s favorites:
1. Early voting. Though there is something exciting about participating in election day with the whole country, realistically, it’s nice to vote when it’s not so busy and it fits in the schedule better.
2. An impromptu get-together. Our church gets out much earlier than my son and daughter-in-law’s but they had to leave early last week. We ended up being nearby each other and stopped for lunch together.
3. An unexpected gift. While my son and his family were out shopping one day, Timothy saw a little stuffed bird. My daughter-in-law said he kept walking over to look at it. They asked him about it, and he wanted to get it for Grandma. ♥
4. Store apps. It’s so nice to get coupons that can be scanned from your phone rather than having to cut out and keep up with several pieces of paper.
5. Halloween is not my favorite holiday, but we have gotten into it more in recent years. Timothy dressed up like Batman, and his family went to the mall, where several stores passed out candy. It was nice for them to have a safe, free place to go. They came over afterwards to “trick or treat” at our house and showed us their pictures from the evening.