It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a busy week! Here are some of the best parts:
1. Labor Day. It was nice to have a Monday off and an excuse for grilled burgers with the usual accompaniments. Jason, Mittu, and Timothy had not been feeling well for nearly a week, but were able to come over that evening.
2. Getting my physical over with. Not something I look forward to, but it’s nice to get it over with for another year. No major issues this time, thankfully. And I even had some good news: My cholesterol numbers were much improved from last time. The only major change I made was switching to oatmeal and whole wheat toast for breakfast most mornings (as opposed to the bacon and egg sandwiches I used to have…).
3. Successful blood draws and nurses who pray over them. My veins don’t like to give up their contents. It usually takes a few attempts for a nurse to draw blood from them. This time, just before the third try, the nurse prayed, “Lord Jesus, help us,” and when the blood finally flowed, she said, “Thank you, Jesus.”
4. Finally getting a haircut. The stylist I like only works two days a week because she has young children and wants to be with them rather than working full time. I support and applaud that, and I really like her personally. But sometimes it’s hard to get in on the days she’s there. Our schedules came together this week, though, and I feel less shaggy. 🙂
5. Getting a number of little things done: getting a package to the post office, making a couple of deliveries, clearing accumulated clutter off a counter, and doing some rearranging in the pantry. I had requested for my birthday these plastic baskets with handles. They hold some of the small, loose items in the pantry, and the handle makes it easier to pull them out to get what I need.
Bonus: Jason sent me this photo of Timothy “having a meeting.” His daddy works from home, so he’s seen plenty of such meetings. 🙂