For the past few years, Bev has been hosting the Mount TBR Challenge to encourage us to read the books we already have on our shelves or in our Kindle apps. Every 12 books read is another level or “mountain” climbed.
I only committed to Mount Blanc (24 books), but right near the end of the year I thought I had made it to Mt. Ararat (48 books). But then while preparing this post I saw I had one book listed twice! 😦 So I fell just short and can only claim Mt. Vancouver (36) though I read 47.
Bev also devised this fun exercise, pairing familiar proverbs with the book titles we’ve read. Here are mine:
A stitch in time…[keeps] All Things New.
Don’t count your chickens…[with] The Silent Songbird.
A penny saved is….[is] A Proper Pursuit.
All good things must come… [to] A Place of Quiet Rest.
When in Rome… [take a] Snapshot.
All that glitters is not…The Golden Braid.
A picture is worth a…A Portrait of Emily Price.
When the going gets tough, the tough get… Two Roads Home.
Two wrongs don’t make… Traces of Guilt.
The pen is mightier than….the Love of the Summerfields.
The squeaky wheel gets…The Sweetest Thing.
Hope for the best, but prepare for…A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet.
Birds of a feather flock…[to the] June Bug.
I’ve already posted all the books I read in 2017 listed alphabetically within genres, so this list will be redundant to those who have already read my complete list. These are the already-owned books I read this year, in more or less the order I completed them. I’m adding the publication dates to make it easier for Bev since one rule for this challenge is that the books have to have been published before 2017.
- A Fall of Marigolds by Susan Meissner (2014)(Finished 1/9/17)
- The Golden Braid by Melanie Dickerson (2015)(Finished 1/10/17)
- The Silent Songbird by Melanie Dickerson (2016)(Finished 1/15/17)
- The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines (2016)(Finished 1/17/17)
- The Sea Glass Sisters by Lisa Wingate (2013) (Finished /24/17)
- June Bug by Chris Fabry (2009) (Finished 1/26/17)
- The Tidewater Sisters (2014)(Finished 2/7/17)
- Twelve Years a Slave (Finished 2/8/17)
- Two Roads Home by Deborah Raney (2015)(Finished 2/15/17)
- Traces of Guilt by Dee Henderson (2016)(Finished 3/5/17)
- How to Read the Bible For All Its Worth (2003) by Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart (Finished 3/13/17)
- The Ringmaster’s Wife by Kristy Cambron (2016)(Finished 3/21/17)
- Snapshot by Lis Wiehl (2014)(Finished 4/9/17)
- Middlemarch by George Eliot (1872)(Finished 4/19/17)
- If the Shoe Fits (2013)(Finished 4/24/17)
- A Place of Quiet Rest by Nancy Leigh DeMoss (2002)(Finished 4/25/17)
- A Portrait of Emily Price by Katherine Reay (2016)(Finished 5/5/17)
- Waiting for Peter by Elizabeth Musser (2015) (Finished 5/9/17)
- Love of the Summerfields by Nancy Moser (2015) (Finished 5/16/17)
- Eight Women of Faith by Michael A. G. Haykin (2016)(Finished 5/23/17)
- The Sweetest Thing by Elizabeth Musser (2001)(Finished 5/31/17)
- Grow Old With Me by Melinda Evaul (2010)(Finished 6/5/17)
- Though Waters Roar by Lynn Austin (2009)(Finished 6/18/17)
- Songs of a Housewife: Poems by Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings (1997)(Finished 6/27/17)
- A Proper Pursuit by Lynn Austin (2007)(Finished 7/3/17)
- Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin (2008)(Finished 7/11/17)
- Fierce Convictions: The Extraordinary Life of Hannah More – Poet, Reformer, Abolitionist by Karen Swallow Prior (2014)(Finished 7/13/17)
- The Thirty-Nine Steps by Robert Buchan (1915)(Finished 7/18/17)
- All She Ever Wanted by Lynn Austin (2005)(Finished 7/21/17)
- The Death of Ivan Ilyich by Leo Tolstoy (1886)(Finished 8/30/17)
- All Things New by Lynn Austin (2012)(Finished 8/3/17)
- Unlimited by Davis Bunn (2013)(Finished 8/5/17)
- The Story Keeper by Lisa Wingate (2014)(Finished 9/23/17)
- God Is Just Not Fair by Jennifer Rothschild (2014)(Finished 9/28/17)
- MacArthur Study Bible ESV (2010)(Finished 9/23/17)
- Jane Austen: Christian Encounter Series by Peter Leithart (2010)(Finished 9/30/17)
- Me, Myself, and Bob: A True Story About Dreams, God, and Talking Vegetables by Phil Vischer (2008)(Finished 10/15/17)
- The Sandcastle Sister by Lisa Wingate (2015)(Finished 10/22/17)
- The Sea Keeper’s Daughters by Lisa Wingate (2015)(Finished 10/19/17)
- A Little Salty to Cut the Sweet: Southern Stories of Faith, Family, and Fifteen Pounds of Bacon by Sophie Hudson. (2013)(Finished 11/10/17)
- Washington’s Lady by Nancy Moser (2016)(Finished 11/25/17)
- Sarah’s Song by Karen Kingsbury (2004)(Finished 12/4/17)
- Silver Bells by Deborah Raney (2016)(Finished 12/9/17)
- Keeping Christmas by Dan Walsh (2015)(Finished 12/10/17)
- One Enchanted Christmas by Melissa Tagg (2015)(Finished 12/19/17)
- The Great Christmas Bowl by Susan May Warren (2009)(Finished 12/25/17)
- The Biggest Story: How the Snake Crusher Brings Us Back to the Garden by Kevin DeYoung (2015)(Finished 12/16/17)
I enjoyed this impetus to get to some of the books I have stacked up! I’m looking forward to participating again this year, and if you’d like to as well, the information about it is here.