It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It has been a relatively quiet week, which is much appreciated! Here are the best parts of it:
1. A useful tip. I enjoy coming home to a crockpot meal on Sundays after church but I don’t like getting up half an hour early to prepare them. I thought if I could just get the potatoes peeled the night before, that would take care of the bulk of it. I discovered that you can indeed peel potatoes ahead of time and keep them in water in the refrigerator overnight to keep them from turning brown. That helped a lot!
2. Easy fixes – or my husband’s magic touch. I hate greeting him right after work with news that something has gone wrong with an appliance. On Tuesday, two of them acted up. We’ve been having some trouble with the washer’s spin cycle, and this time it just stopped with a tub full of clothes and water. It had been making noise but not spinning, but this time it didn’t respond to any setting on the dial and didn’t make any noise at all. I thought it had finally died. Then the sound went out on my mother-in-law’s TV. I turned it off and on, plugged and unplugged things, but nothing changed. So I broke the news after he got home, and while I was finishing making dinner, he turned on the washer – and voila, it worked fine. He said maybe it was just tired. 🙂 Then he unplugged his mother’s TV for ten minutes and then plugged it back in – and it worked fine as well. While that’s maddening on one hand, I really was glad they started working and that neither one was going to cost a lot of time, money, and headaches to deal with.
3. An evening with Timothy. His parents went out for a rare date night while he stayed with us – and they brought us pizza! Everything went fine — well, except for a little accident requiring the use of the wet vac and running his clothes through the washer. 🙂 But those things happen, and I am glad Jim was there when it did so we could deal with it together. I’m glad Timothy enjoys staying with us, and it’s fun to see his little imagination going all the time. He was pretty fascinated with the wet vac, too. 🙂
4. Barbecue and a movie. Jason and Mittu had rented a movie on their Apple TV and offered to bring it over so we could watch it before the rental expired, plus they brought take-out from a favorite barbecue place.
5. Encouraging comments and offers of prayer for my procedure next week to try to fix my atrial fibrillation. You all are the best. 🙂
Hope you have a great Friday!