It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
March can often be a mixture of winter’s end and spring’s beginning, even sometimes on same day. But this month has been fairly pleasant, especially the last week or so. Here are some highlights from it:
1. Putting out spring decorations. Love the fresh feel in the house with some springy items around.
2. A bunny sighting. We used to have a few wild bunnies visiting the back yard for the thistle plants and spilled bird seed, but since we had to cut down our long row of trees last year, I haven’t seen them…until one day this week. There was one right outside the window by my desk. Usually where there is one bunny there are more…so I hope we start seeing them come around again.
3. Mending is not a favorite, and I have to confess I neglect it for much longer than I care to admit. But I got a couple of items repaired last week, and it felt good to get that done. I hope to finish off a couple more soon.
4. A bridal shower is a fun event, to ooh and aah over the bride’s gifts, fellowship with other ladies, and enjoy goodies. The one I attended last weekend had all of that, plus the hostess is particularly good at that kind of thing: table settings, atmosphere, lovely presentations of foods, etc. The whole setting looked like a magazine spread. I loved enjoying her gifts while not feeling I needed to live up to them. 🙂
5. New dish towels. I’ve mentioned before that I have a hard time finding dish towels that I like. If I can find the thicker, fluffier ones that I prefer, I then can’t find colors and patterns that I like. But I found some that were pleasing on all counts on sale last week at Joann’s. I think the original price was ridiculously high, but they were 40% off and I had a gift card, so that helped.
Bonus: While outside at our house one evening, Timothy told his dad he saw a “flying race car in the sky.” Jason tried to see what he was talking about and sighted this:
As he posted on Facebook, “Sometimes when your toddler says he sees a ‘flying race car,’ he’s not making it up.” It made a couple of passes near us, and it was so much fun to see Timothy so excited over it.