It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been kind of a crazy week. I’m happy to pause here at the end of it and look for the blessings large and small along the way.
1. A clear calendar. The past few weeks have been full of good things (birthdays, outings) and a few not-so-fun things (dentist appointments), but it felt good to face this week with nothing “extra” on the calendar. Turned out to be a good thing in many ways, as some extra things did come up.
2. Dodging a bullet. My husband had a medical issue one day this week that I thought could possibly mean emergency surgery. Thankfully that was not the case. The doctor adjusted some medicine and he may have to have a much smaller procedure done in the office in a few weeks.
3. A son who helps out and runs errands cheerfully. Jesse was out picking up a prescription for his dad while I was making dinner. When I opened one of the essential ingredients for dinner, it was spoiled, so I called Jesse to see if he was close to the store or already near home. He was right at the light in front of the store, but the wrong lane, so he drove to where he could turn around and then got the needed item for me without complaint.
4. Matchstick carrots. I had to buy some a while back for a particular recipe and had quite a few left over. I discovered they work great in salads and soup and casseroles, so I keep them on hand now.
5. Veggie chips. I had some at Jason and Mittu’s house and enjoyed them, so they brought me a bag of them next time they came over. I know they’re not as healthy as eating actual vegetables, but they’re good! 🙂
I’m thankful we were spared the snow in the forecast. Here in the South, more than a dusting of snow causes traffic problems, which in turn means some of my mother-in-law’s helpers can’t come in, so I was very glad to be spared that. I am so ready for spring!