It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a nice, springy week, but there is talk of possible snow over the weekend! Here are some favorite parts of the last week:
1. Jim’s birthday! We had fun celebrating with the family. Timothy is a good assistant present unwrapper. 🙂
2. An outing with the ladies. The ladies of our Sunday School class got together last Saturday for a potluck lunch, a time of working together on projects for one’s daughter’s wedding, and watching a film about Lilias Trotter. Very enjoyable. I am usually home by 2, when Jim’s mom’s caregiver leaves, but Jim was able to be home this time, so I felt a little like a teenager with permission to stay out after curfew. 🙂
3. Kitchen puttering. Last week I cleaned out and organized the food side of the pantry, and this week the kitchen drawers. It’s always good to get those areas back in order and get reacquainted with what’s in there and where it is. I’m amazed at how dust and crumbs accumulate in drawers that are only open to put things in and out. Threw some things away, set aside a few things for donation, but mainly just reorganized.
4. Hospital bed fix. Jim was out of town one night this week, and as I was putting his mom to bed, the part of the hospital bed that raises and lowers the head of the bed stopped working. I called Jesse in to look underneath it, but he couldn’t figure out what was wrong and how to fix it. Thankfully it was in the down position. The next day we propped her up with pillows so she wasn’t lying flat, and her caregiver put her in the wheelchair for meals, so we were able to work around it. When Jim got home, thankfully he was able to fix it.
5. Toddler dancing. Jim got a video of Timothy dancing to music, and it’s so cute – so joyful, and with such total abandon.