It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here we are at the end of another week and several days into February already. Some highlights of the last week:
1. Going back to the gym is not so much a favorite in itself…I go because I know it’s good for me and I do feel better when I am going regularly. But I had been out for six weeks with a broken toe, and I was afraid I had lost all the conditioning I had built up and would have to start from scratch. But thankfully I was able to do all the things I normally do.
2. Talking to Timothy. My son told me that one day Timothy wanted to say Hi to me, so Jason texted, “Timothy says Hi.” Then Timothy asked him, “See her face?” So we FaceTimed after that. My grandmother’s heart melted. 🙂 I’m so glad we have the technology to talk to each other face to face whenever we want, and that he wants to talk to me. ♥
3. Snuggling and watching videos. I didn’t know until recently that there is a kid’s channel on YouTube and a way to set parental controls so that the child can’t go anywhere but the kid’s channels. My son and daughter-in-law kept an old phone when they upgraded so that Timothy could use it for his videos, and he likes to watch them snuggled up with somebody. I got to be the snugglee when they were here last, and it was fun to have him show me his favorite videos (anyone else know the Excavator song? 🙂 ) and see him get excited about red Play Doh and Blue Play Doh getting mixed together to make purple.
4. Answered prayer. I had something I needed to work on this week, and I’d had trouble getting time, quiet, solitude, and clear thinking all together at the same time. I prayed for that specifically Thursday morning, started my task, thinking it would take me most of the day – and I was pretty much done by noon. That was such a blessing to me. Then before I wrapped it up this morning, God sent me an idea that finished it off perfectly.
5. A pretty iPhone case. One of my Christmas presents was a new phone, and my old phone case wouldn’t fit it. I like the rubbery kind because they help me not to drop it. I was delighted to find this one inexpensively on Amazon and purchased it with a gift card, another present.