It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Are you making good progress on your Christmas plans? God hs given me some productive days this week: I knocked a few things off the list, and the schedule’s looking pretty good, but I’ll relax more when everything’s done. Here are some highlights from the last week:
1. Flowers. I don’t often buy flowers for myself, but I spotted these in a nearby bin while I was bagging my broccoli in the produce section of the store, and when I saw they were only $5, I succumbed. I love how the sparkly babies’ breath makes them festive. Roses may be my favorite, but I have a soft spot for carnations, and they are one flower whose scent I love (and doesn’t make me sneezy!)
2. Coffee, even though I don’t like flavored coffee, have been drinking it without sweetener since I had to learn to when I had gestational diabetes with one pregnancy nearly 30 years ago (once I learned to like it that way, I figured I may as well keep with it since I get plenty of sugar other places), and have to have decaf due to heart rhythm problems. It still hits the spot, and now that the weather is colder, I drink more to keep warm.
3. A nice meal prepared by my daughter-in-law, including cookies!
4. Rain and sunshine. As many of you know, we have been under drought conditions for months here in Eastern TN, so I didn’t begrudge the rain at all. In fact, I welcomed it. But after about three days of cloudy skies, I did rejoice to see bright sunshine again. I’m not sure if we are back up to normal conditions or not, but it looks like we’re predicted to have a couple of days of rain in each of the next couple of weeks, so that should certainly help.
5. Church Ladies’ Christmas Party. This is the first time since I’ve been here that this annual event hasn’t been in a home or at the church. We had it in a historic inn that was lovely, if a little cramped (“open concept” was not known in the old days!) Had a very good time, enjoyed the testimony given, and the night out did me a lot of good.