It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I can hardly believe Thanksgiving is NEXT WEEK! Where did November go?! I know I comment probably too often on how fast time is flying – but, man, it’s crazy!
But no matter how fast the week goes by, I am grateful for this pause on Fridays to remember and recount and appreciate some of its special moments.
1. Going to a craft show. I wrote more about it here. It had been a long time since I had done anything like that, and it was so much fun.
2. Safe tree removal. I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that our neighbors had a grass fire that spread quickly. A huge pine tree in their yard was scorched pretty badly, and they told my husband they were going to have it taken down. One day as I pulled into the driveway, I noticed this tree was leaning towards our house. I don’t think that was totally due to the fire – the trunk just grew in a weird way. I wish I had taken a picture of it. That night I was a little afraid to go to sleep in my room, afraid the tree would come crashing down on me during the night. When they finally had someone come out, I was nervous most of the day lest part of the tree fall on the house or the fence. It did fall right next to the fence – my husband said another foot and it would have taken it out — but they got it down with a minimum of damage.
3. Snuggling with Timothy. He’s usually on the go too much to sit beside me or in my lap for very long, but this last Sunday afternoon he did, and it did my Grandma’s heart good. 🙂
4. The Frazor Evangelistic Team is at our church this week. We were only able to go on Sunday, but I was so blessed by the music especially.
5. Mini apple strudels. I hadn’t seen these in quite a while, and the last ones I saw didn’t have the glaze on top, which to me just makes it. So I was glad to spot these again in the store. They look big in this photo, but in reality each one was only big enough for a bite or two.