It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Let’s jump right in:
1. A long weekend. Having everyone off for Labor Day makes it feel like we had an extra Saturday in the week. But it means all the other days of the week I’m having to ask myself, “What day is this?” 🙂 I don’t even remember now what we did except for grilling burgers for dinner.
2. A thorough car wash. My dear husband gave my car the deluxe treatment, washing it, vacuuming the carpet, cleaning the mats, even dusting the dashboard.
3. A breakfast biscuit. When I was driving my kids to school, I used to treat myself to breakfast out about once a week. Those days have been over for years, and though I’m up at 6, I’m not usually out and about until a few hours later. But I had to fast for lab work before my physical and got breakfast afterward at a drive-through to bring home . Delicious!
4. Seeing Timothy play with a friend. My son and daughter-in-law had friends in town with a son just 7 months younger than Timothy. I was over for a bit and it was so fun to see the boys playing together like they were old friends, too.
5. Cracker Barrel. I still had a gift card for them from I don’t know when – I think two Christmases ago. I love them but my husband’s not crazy about them, and I’m not usually near one at lunch time. But I was on Wednesday! So I got their meat loaf plate and a slice of Coca Cola cake and brought it home to eat. Plus I got a couple of items in their shop – and still have a bit left on my gift card!
Bonus: We got Mexican Food take-out one night and watched Toy Story – our old video tape of it on our old VHS player. One of the best movies ever, and it was fun to introduce it to Timothy.