It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Another week has zoomed by. Here are some favorite parts of it:
1. An afternoon to myself is rare these days, especially on a Saturday. But everyone else was otherwise occupied, and I got to spend some focused, uninterrupted time on some blog posts that needed more thought than I had been able to give them.
2. Successful recipe experiments. This one is just called Baked Chicken, but it needs to be called Pesto Chicken or something else a little more descriptive. It was my first time ever to use pesto. Everyone really liked it, and I am sure I’ll be using it again. Honey Mustard Sausage and Vegetables was a hit as well (we used turkey rather than beef sausage). Chicken In a Skillet was pretty good, too.
3. Take-out – two nights in a row! I requested it Friday night, and we got Papa Murphy’s. When my husband suggested getting something out again on Saturday, well, I wasn’t going to pass up the opportunity. 🙂 We got Red Lobster’s then.
4. Not losing power in a pretty bad storm yesterday. It blinked off for a moment, and we were without Internet for a few hours, but many had it much worse. My son and daughter-in-law have been without power since yesterday afternoon and spent the night here.
5. A “Laundry” sign. I had seen this several months ago and thought it work well with the other decor I had in there, but kept resisting. Who needs a sign that says “Laundry,” of all things, hidden away in a laundry room? But it was on sale 1/2 price this week, making it only about $7, and I still have credit left on a couple of Hobby Lobby gift cards, so I went for it. And I like it. 🙂 This is the first time I’ve had a cheery, decorated space in a laundry area, and it does brighten up the task.