It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a busy getting-things-done-at-home week and therefore not much of a blogging week. 🙂 But it’s felt good to get some things accomplished. Here are some of the best parts of the last week:
1. A fun Saturday. We went with our kids and grandchild to a park, mainly to watch Timothy play in the fountain, or splash pad. Then we ate lunch at a nearby restaurant, came home and caught a nap, and then Jason and Mittu came over and made chicken nachos for dinner.
2. A blow dryer with a “cool” setting. What’s funny is that it has been sitting in a closet for three years. It was among my mother-in-law’s things from the nursing home, but we don’t remember buying it for her (that was the case with a lot of things – some of her things missing, but a few things we’d never seen before were with her belongings. Sigh.) She has one in her room, so we just put this one in a box. Just recently mine started acting up, so I dug this one out – and really liked it! It has a lot more power than my old one. And this time of year when I get sweaty so easily, especially on days I go to the gym, it’s nice when I am finishing blowing my hair dry to turn on the cool setting for a minute or so. To think I could have been using it all this time!
3. Using gift cards. Last Friday night I felt totally uninspired to cook, or even to think about what to cook. I had a couple of gift cards for Cracker Barrel that I received at Christmas, and my husband indulged me in using them for dinner that night – we called an order in and then he picked it up. Then I went to look for a couple of things at our nearby Hobby Lobby that I had seen at another one. I didn’t find one, and decided against the other – but I did find a couple of other things! They all happened to be 40% off. And I still have gift card credit!
4. Finally getting my hair cut. I have been meaning to for a few weeks and just haven’t made it til this one. It’s nothing new or exciting, but it’s just so much more cooperative at shoulder length, and I was about 2″ past that.
5. Progress in sorting out some things to donate to our local rescue mission thrift store. I had started a couple of weeks ago and gotten sidetracked, but determined to finish this week, as this stuff was piling up in my sewing room. It’s been fun to find some things I thought I had lost or had forgotten about, plus to tidy up and reorganize the spaces that have been cleaned out. I still have a bit to do, but I’m enjoying a sense of accomplishment.