It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a rough week for my husband, who hasn’t been feeling well. But hopefully things have turned a corner. Here are some bright spots from the week:
1. Sunday dinner. Through a series of mishaps (involving a baby, a blow-out diaper, and a car seat that had to be taken out and cleaned up), my son and daughter-in-law weren’t able to go to church on Sunday morning (or at least would not have gotten there til it was more than half over). So they came to our house and started making lunch. That especially worked out well because dealing with an ant invasion in the kitchen that morning put me running behind and I wasn’t able to get the dinner that I was planning on into the crockpot. I had a Plan B in mind, but it was much nicer to come home and find a meal nearly ready.
2. Hubby helping with the ant invasion clean-up.
3. Air conditioning. I’ve come back from errand-running just dripping with sweat a couple of times – and it’s only June!
4. “More Manners of Downton Abbey.” The historical advisor for “Downton Abbey” discussed manners and mores of the time. It aired just before the series finale, and I had it in my Tivo recorded shows, but hadn’t seen it until this week. It was a pleasant hour’s viewing. I enjoy watching those times, but I am glad I don’t live in them!
5. This photo of my son and grandson playing in the fountains.