It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a great week! Here are the highlights:
1. A long weekend. My husband was off Monday and took Friday off as well.
2. Lunch at my son and daughter-in-law‘s on Saturday. With my m-i-l here, we don’t get out much together, and it was nice to do so.
3. Memorial Day was just a perfect day all the way around. The night before I watched a moving Memorial Day concert on the PBS station. Monday morning was a slow, peaceful start, then my husband grilled burgers, hot dogs, and sausage for lunch. He made a water slide that Timothy just loved and went up and down multiple times. We had a nap in the afternoon, leftovers for dinner, and a game of Settlers of Catan that evening.
4. Good eating! Jason grilled for the first time on Saturday, chicken marinated in a sweet onion and bacon marinade (I think they got it at Trader Joe’s). It was wonderful. Then we got take-out barbecue for dinner that evening, grilled ham on Sunday, and then had all the goodies on Memorial Day – and leftovers for several days afterward! Also had some good desserts: key lime pie (store bought and frozen. It’s not my favorite, but I enjoyed this one) and an angel food cake, cheery pie filling, cream cheese and Cool Whip dessert Mittu made.
5. A whole day at home is hard to come by any more. I go out to the gym as many mornings as I can, and the days that I don’t are usually days I have other appointments or errands. Thursday I didn’t go to the gym because I had a few errands to run, but decided instead to focus on something I was doing at home. Wow, I got so much done plus felt so much more rested! I still have to tuck the errands in somewhere, and I do value (and need) the gym, but I am thinking I might try to work more of these totally-at-home days in more often.