It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This is one of those weeks when it’s not hard at all to name five blessings – in fact, it will be hard to keep it to five!
1. Mother’s Day. I so appreciate my family’s efforts to make it a special day for me. Flowers, a balloon, a great lunch, and thoughtful cards and gifts. Plus my husband replenished my hanging flower baskets and planters.
2. The Church Ladies’ Brunch with my daughter-in-law. Heard a wonderful testimony and participated in “speed friending” – we sat across from another lady, took turns asking each others questions from a provided list, and moved to the next person when someone rang a bell after 3 minutes or so. We did that for about half an hour, so we got to meet and get a little acquainted with ten ladies.
3. Mexican food take-out on either Friday or Saturday night, I can’t remember. It was good!
4. Refurbished swing. I showed you recently how my patio swing had deteriorated after just four years. My husband painted it and built a new seat and back for it. We sat in it and talked last night.
5. Thoughtful son and daughter-in-law. As I write this on Thursday afternoon, I got back not long ago from a follow-up visit to the cardiologist. Everything’s fine – I’m told to keep doing what I am doing and he’ll see me in a year unless something comes up (Yea!) Because the appointment was a distance away, they took a long time to call me back, traffic was heavy, and it was raining, I spent most of the afternoon out. Then my son texted me asking if I’d like them to bring or make dinner tonight. Well, sure! I can’t imagine that I’ll ever turn down someone else making me a meal! But especially on a busy day, it’s nice to be able to just relax until dinner time instead of having to start dinner. I’m not sure what we’ll have, but I know it will be good!