It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s so hard to believe April is about over. I don’t know where this month went! But here are some highlights from the last week:
1. “Skinny” Chocolate “Ice Cream.” I’ve been collecting lower-calorie or healthier recipes on Pinterest. and tried this one this week. I halved it to 1 sliced, frozen banana, 1 Tbsp. of peanut butter, and 1/2 Tbsp cocoa. It was pretty good. It was a little hard to get the frozen banana completely blended with the little off-brand “magic bullet” type blender I was using, but otherwise it was fine.
2. One pound. My weight has been stuck at about the same level for a couple of weeks. It finally went down another pound this week – a pound that put me under a weight that ends in zero. 🙂 That pound from one set of ten down to the next feels really nice.
3. A quiet day. I wasn’t feeling well last weekend and ended up staying home from church on Sunday. I tried listening to a sermon online, but mainly slept while everyone was gone, then spent most of the evening reading. It was a refreshing day.
4. Two take-out meals. We got take-out from my husband’s favorite Asian place on Saturday, then, when I stayed home Sunday, I asked if we could get take-out from McAlister’s Deli for lunch – so basically I had the weekend “off” from cooking except for Great-Grandma’s stuff and heating up leftovers for Sunday night.
5. Our little grandson and his new battery-operated car – or cycle – or “mower” as he calls it, since it’s shaped like his granddad’s riding lawn mower. My husband checks several “deal” sites often and found it for a good price. It was so fun to show it to Timothy and hear his giggles as he tried it. Unfortunately I didn’t get a photo then: in this one I was trying to get him to look up and smile, but he was distracted by a neighbor on his riding lawn mower.