It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a little quiet around the blog this week – I’ve been busy with other things. But here are some highlights of the week:
1. Timothy’s birthday! My little grandson turned 2 this week! Some of you may remember that two years ago he was born 10 weeks early and spent that whole ten weeks until his due date in the NICU. It was a very long and emotional time, as he’d experience pluses one day and then minuses the next. But I am so grateful God spared him. He has been such a joy, and I can’t wait to see how God uses his life!
2. A trip to a little zoo for Timothy’s birthday. We had planned to revisit the Knoxville zoo, but someone at my husband’s work told him about Little Ponderosa, so we decided to give it a try. We weren’t sure how big it would be and feared they might have only a handful of animals, but they had plenty. They also had paved trails, something else we had wondered about. We could walk up to most of the enclosures and touch and feed the animals. It was just the right size for Timothy’s age.
We went home for a nap and then got back together again for dinner, cake, and presents. All in all it was a wonderful day!
3. The adorable birthday cake my daughter-in-law made. He’s very much into anything on wheels right now, but especially cars.
4. Lunch at a favorite but distant restaurant. When we were first visiting the area to look at houses, schools, etc., before moving, we stayed in the same hotel, stocked up on supplies at the same W*Mart, and ate often at an Italian restaurant called Gondoliers. I love their stuff, but they’re too far away for us to go to regularly. It was fun to be back in that area and to eat their Meat Eaters pizza there.
5. Not having to replace a shower curtain. My son’s shower curtain had what I thought was mildew over a good portion of it. I treated it in several ways with no luck. I looked around and this particular style was no longer sold, plus I couldn’t find anything in the colors I wanted. I decided to toss it in the washer – and it came out almost as good as new! I don’t know why just washing it worked when stronger treatments didn’t, but I was very glad I was going to be able to keep it.
That’s life – big blessings mixed in with the smaller everyday ones. I’m thankful for this opportunity to stop and count them.