It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Can you believe we’ve completed a week of April already? It seems like it just got here! Here are some highlights of the last several days:
1. Unexpected savings. I was buying some Ensure for my mother-in-law and had a coupon for $1 off. When I went to get the Ensure off the store shelf, I found someone had left a coupon there for $3 off that was expiring that day. How nice of them to leave it for someone instead of throwing it out!
2. Grandma shopping. A certain little someone has a birthday coming up, and it’s been fun shopping for him!
3. Dogwoods blooming. I haven’t gotten a photo of them, but I think they’re my favorite flowering trees.
4. Red Lobster take-out. My dear husband acquiesced to my pleas for it last Friday night.
5. Progress on two fronts: I had my best ever day at the gym with record times on the two machines I use regularly plus a few minutes each on two new machines. I can’t do that every day, but on days I don’t have any immediate obligations, I’m spending a bit more time. Plus I’ve been working on weeding things out of my closet and dresser that I no longer wear.
If you haven’t seen it yet, I wanted to let you know I am having a giveaway for Adam Blumer’s book The Tenth Plague. I’ll be drawing names Tuesday morning. It’s clean, well-written, and highly suspenseful with believable characters. If you’d like to enter, go over to the giveaway post to add a comment.