It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been another busy few days and I am just now getting to a blog post today. Here are some highlights of the past week:
1. Valentine’s Day is one of my favorite days. I make mini-meat loaves in hearts shapes and heart-shaped cupcakes plus make cards for our immediate family. Plus it’s a good excuse to listen to mushy love songs while working. 🙂
I use this recipe only without the mustard (which makes it taste barbecue-y) and much less brown sugar in the sauce.
Since my d-i-l is sensitive to gluten, I used a Betty Crocker gluten-free cake mix and added about 1/4 more water than it called for – GF cakes tend to be a little heavy, but this turned out just about right.
2. Pink roses from my son and d-i-l.
3. Milk Chocolate Lindt Lindor truffles in a heart-shaped box from my dear hubby. My favorite candy!
4. Timothy coming to me to be picked up. I’ve mentioned before that he’s pretty active and curious and doesn’t usually want to sit and be held for very long, and if he does, he usually wants his parents. But the last few times we’ve seen him, he has come to me wanting to be picked up. Melts my heart. ♥
5. A delicious day. Today was sunny and in the 60s with a little breeze – just perfect, but especially nice after cold, snow, and/or cloudiness for several days.
Gotta run for now – hope to catch you with you later today! Happy Friday!