It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I’m late to the party! It’s been a busy day – a busy week. Here are some highlights of the past week:
1. A new Cricut Explore. This was actually from last week, and I couldn’t believe I forgot to mention it. My husband keeps up with a few “deal of the day” type sites as well as Amazon’s specials, saw this on sale, and surprised me with it. I have an older one, but this newer version hooks up to the computer so you can use their design site for some images as well as being able to link the cartridges for the older machines up to it. There is a bit of a learning curve to it. but I am making headway and enjoying it so far. It’s nice to be able to search for an image instead of having to change cartridges out several times.
2. Making Valentine cards while listening to Emile Pandolfi made for a very pleasant afternoon.
3. Comfort. Tuesday was a very frustrating and exasperating day. It would take too long to go into here but mainly involved waiting on hospice people to either call or come to do my mother-in-law’s shower, not hearing from anyone (because we had a dusting of snow the office didn’t open til 10) til mid-morning, going ahead and doing her shower ourselves, waiting for the nurse, who said she was coming after seeing one other patient, but she didn’t show up until 2:30, so I missed both my time at the gym plus didn’t get a shower til late afternoon because I didn’t want to be in there when she came. I got a lot of other stuff done while waiting, but was so frustrated at being left hanging all day. I don’t usually “vent” on Facebook, but did that day. Thankfully a few friends were very sympathetic, especially a few who’d had experience with home health care as well. Then my dear daughter-in-law saw that post and offered to bring dinner over.
4. A Valentine treat for my mother-in-law. Someone from church dropped off this bag that some folks there had put together for the home-bound folks for Valentine’s Day. She couldn’t eat the frosted sugar cookies or candy – we were happy to deal with those for her. 🙂 But the Kids 4 Truth kids gave her a bunch of kids’ Valentines with their names signed, and I know she will get a kick out of that.
5. This picture of my husband and grandson taking a walk made my heart happy. Timothy loves to take a walk!