It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been quite the weather week, with more to come this weekend. Here are some highlights of the past week.
1. More daylight. It’s now light when my husband gets home from work instead of dark! It’s a boost mentally to know that the days are getting longer after the winter solstice, but seeing evidence of it is even more of a boost.
2. Warmth. We’ve had our coldest temperatures so far this winter – down to 9 degrees one morning. (You know it’s been cold when 39 degrees feels like it’s “warming up.”) Plus 4 inches of snow with more expected tonight or tomorrow. I’m thankful for heating, blankets, sweaters, and everything to keep warm when it’s cold out – and thankful for safety on slushy roads, no loss of electricity, and no broken pipes. Also for plenty of supplies and efficient, cheerful service at a crowded grocery store when I ventured out yesterday.
3. Glasses. My W-Mart reading glasses weren’t quite doing the job, and I was thankful that I could just go and pick up the next level up at a store without having to see a doctor. I do still need to do that, and probably to talk about bifocals or progressive lenses, but it’s nice to have adequate resources til then.
4. Napping with Timothy. Sunday when my son and d-i-l were here, they said if I’d rock Timothy after dinner, they’d clean up the kitchen. Well, what grandmother can resist that offer. 🙂 He doesn’t sit still in our laps for too very long any more, so it was sweet to rock him for a while and doze off together.
5. “Puttering” is what I call getting odd, smaller, non-urgent jobs done around the house, and this has been a week full of that kind of thing. I wrote about some earlier in the week and have added more to the list since then. It’s nice to have a week with nothing else pressing so I can get to some of those things.
Hope you are warm and safe wherever you are this weekend!