It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s so hard to believe we’re into December already! Here are some highlights of the week:
1. Decorating for Christmas. It was a really enjoyable day all together. We found a new spot to get a tree (our previous place closed down, and getting a tree at Home Depot last year just wasn’t the same). Having a little helper this year was great fun, too. 🙂
2. Turkey Bone Soup. One of my favorite leftover turkey dishes.
3. Not having rain and cold on the same days. 🙂 The beginning of the week was rainy and overcast, but temperatures were in the 50s. By the time we got down into the 30s later in the week, the rain had gone. If the situation had been reversed – we would have had a mess of icy and/or slushy roads. I’m sure we will at some point this winter, but I am glad we escaped it this week.
4. Online shopping. It was good to knock out the greater part of Christmas shopping at home all in one morning.
5. A turn for the better. My younger two sons both work in customer service in the same online company. Of course, Black Friday and Cyber Monday generated a lot of business, which they were expecting, but some problems in their system caused trouble for both them and their customers. Jesse came home Wednesday night quite discouraged – no matter how much he worked, the number of tickets they needed to answer kept rising by the hundreds. But a server upgrade Thursday plus the end of their extended Cyber Monday sales has made catching up look possible again, and he was in a much better frame of mind yesterday.
Happy Friday! Hope you have a great week ahead.