It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here are a few highlights of the week:
1. Sunshine! It’s been overcast much of the week, so seeing sunshine later in the week was a real boost.
2. Time with Timothy. His parents had an event to go to, so we enjoyed an evening with him.
Jason and Mittu got him his own little coffee cup, and when they drink coffee, he likes to pretend to drink his own and then “clink” cups with them, so here he’s sharing a cup with Granddad. 🙂
3. A restful Saturday. I know why God gives babies to younger women! 🙂 I was pretty well wiped out after baby-sitting Timothy for 5 hours. Thankfully there was not much that just had to be done on Saturday. I don’t often just sit down with a book in the middle of the day, but I did then. I was actually hoping to drift off to sleep and kept being awakened just as I was doing so, but it was still a nice rest day.
4. Another baby shower and fun night out with the ladies.
5. Organizing my Pinterest Food board. I was searching it for Crockpot meals, but it was so unwieldy it was hard to find anything. Originally I was going to separate out just the crockpot meals into a separate board, but I ended up doing the same for breads and side dishes. I already had separate boards for sweets, appetizers, low calorie/healthy foods, and gluten-free dishes (for my d-i-l and a few folks at church). I also deleted some duplicates and “Why did I ever pin that?” entries. Though I hated to spend the time on it, I think it will be more usable in the future.
Somehow it just hit me Wednesday that Thanksgiving is next week!. I knew it was coming, but I lost a week in there somewhere. I guess I better go turkey shopping! Happy Friday!