(For those looking for today’s 31 Days With Elisabeth Elliot post, it is just below this one.)
It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This week had a share of frustrations, but those are the weeks when it’s especially helpful to stop and count the blessings. Here are some of the best parts:
1. Timothy walking. He’s been on the verge of it for some time, but suddenly this week he just took off.
2. A bridal shower. Always fun, and this one came at a time when I really needed to get out of the house for a bit and enjoy being with some other ladies.
3. Fall color has finally come more fully this week. I’m afraid the rain we’ve had this week has knocked leaves off a little earlier than usual, but there’s still a lot of autumn color around to enjoy.
4. Oven meals. I usually wait til it’s a little cooler to make meals that take an hour or so in the oven (I don’t dare in the summer – the AC would never catch up), but decided it was cool enough this week. It’s nice to pull some recipes out of the repertoire that we haven’t had in a while.
5. Impromptu potluck. Jason and Mittu needed something they had left over here, and offered to bring the dinner they had in a crockpot to share. I already had dinner in the oven, but we decided to pool our resources and enjoy each other’s food. 🙂
Have a great weekend! Don’t forget to turn your clocks back Saturday night!