It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here are some highlights of the past week or so:
1. Sunny days after nearly a week of rainy ones.
2. Cracker Barrel take out. I love their sampler platter, with smaller portions of meat loaf, chicken and dumplings, and ham. The first two are my favorite entrees there, so it is nice to get a bit of both. And, of course, a slice of Coca Cola cake nicely rounds it off. 🙂
3. Winning two books, one from Susan Braun which I forgot to mention a couple of weeks ago, and one from author Deborah Raney’s Facebook page. I haven’t read any of Deborah’s books yet, so I am excited to have one in hand.
4. Grace. I think we all have people whose personalities just rub us the wrong way. After one encounter with such a person (one of Great-Grandma’s new hospice people) on the phone where I came off as
somewhat harsh, I was really praying that I would respond better when she actually came to the house, and, God helping me, we ended up having a nice visit.
5. Safe travels and wellness. Jim had to go out of town again this week, driving this time, and made it there and back safely, and Jason and Timothy had a stomach bug which seems to be pretty much over now. Hopefully it won’t spread to anyone else – it hasn’t seemed to so far.