It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Jim was out of town half the week and his mom’s caregiver was out sick a couple of days, so I had the full care of Great-Grandma for a while. That made for rather a long week. But even though my own plans were thwarted and I got weary, God placed some blessings along the way. Here are a few:
1. Grandparent’s Day – Jason and Mittu came over and made lunch for us on Sunday.
2. Safety, for my husband while traveling, for us while he was gone, for my oldest son when his car was rear-ended, but neither he nor his car were hurt.
3. My kids helping and checking on me. Jesse went to the store for me one day when I couldn’t get out, and Jason texted me to see how things were going and if I needed anything.
4. Jesse’s birthday was this week, though we’re not celebrating it all together until Saturday due to conflicting work schedules. But it was nice to acknowledge his day and see the well-wishing on Facebook, and we got take-out from a nearby restaurant for the two of us to celebrate.
5. Decluttering and sorting. I don’t know why the mood to do that comes all of a sudden, but I try to go with it when it does. 🙂 I started cleaning out one bathroom drawer yesterday after getting ready for the day and then ended up doing all of them. There are some jobs like that that are big and messy and you have to wait for a free day to do it, but other times you can get a great deal done in a few minutes between other tasks and feel like you’ve accomplished something when the rest of the day doesn’t seem like it.
Bonus: My husband made breakfast on Saturday and made my pancakes in the shape of a heart and arrow. ♥