It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This has not been a bad week, but the blessings haven’t been so overflowing and obvious as they have been the last two. But sometimes those kinds of weeks are when its best to go back and look for them lest we overlook them. So here are a few from this week:
1. Breakfast biscuits. I am up early, but not usually out and about til later morning. But I had to be one morning and rewarded myself with a breakfast biscuit on the way back home. Hadn’t had one in a while, and it was good!
2. Medical week is over! I have been thinking of this week that way because I had to go in early for fasting lab work one day (thus my early morning outing), had a visit with the heart doctor another day, and then my yearly physical another day. I chafed at having all that on the calendar in one week, but on the other hand, it was good to get it all done with.
3. Good visit with the heart doctor. Some of you have prayed for the situation with the heart rhythm problem and the attempted ablation from last month (thank you!). The visit this week was pretty anticlimactic. I was able to ask some questions and we talked about adjusting some medications a little. Other than that I don’t see him again for six months unless I am having problems. He advises not undergoing another procedure unless symptoms ratchet up significantly. We’ll hope that doesn’t happen. 🙂
4. A captivating new book, a true story based in my area. Will tell you more later!
5. FaceTime. I know I have mentioned it before, but I love being able to see my oldest son (who lives in another state) when we talk on the phone, and we even Face Time with little Timothy (and his parents 🙂 ) in-between visits sometimes even though we are in the same town. I love being able to do that.
Hope you’ve had a great week as well! Happy Friday!