It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends. This has been another wonderful week. Here are some highlights:
1. My birthday. I know I mentioned it last Friday, but it was just starting then. 🙂 My oldest son was still here for his visit, and everyone else in the family took the day off – not just for me, but so everyone could have the same day off to spend time together while Jeremy was here. I got thoroughly spoiled with lunch at a favorite restaurant on the river, Mittu making diner that evening, Coca Cola Cake from Cracker Barrel (did you know you could order a whole one? That’s a lot of chocolate – so good!), flowers, pink plates and cute napkins, and some thoughtful, loving gifts and cards. Best of all was having the whole family here.
“Mom and the boys”
2. Thanksgiving in August. Jeremy won’t be here for Thanksgiving this year – he traded that time to be here for Timothy’s first birthday last spring. So Mittu made Thanksgiving dinner one day while he was here.
3. Missions conference at our church the first part of this week. We only got to attend on Sunday, but I enjoyed hearing one of our missionaries from Croatia and hearing updates from some of the others. We’ve only been here five years, so haven’t met all of our missionaries yet, and it was very nice to get to know some of them a bit better.
4. Lunch out Sunday. We don’t often eat out on Sunday unless we have company, but we had to get up way early in the morning to get Jeremy to the airport, and, although I dearly love having all the family here, I was pretty well wiped out by Sunday. I asked Jim on the way home if we could get take-out somewhere along the way, and he indulged me. Then I took one of the best naps ever. 🙂
5. A safety bar in the bathroom. I have balance issues and usually brace myself on the closet door frame when getting out of the shower. My husband happened to witness that one day and not long thereafter installed a safety bar. Much better and more secure!
After Sunday, it was a pretty quiet, routine week, which, as much as I love my family and get-togethers, was nice after a busy week. 🙂