It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends. This is a week overflowing with them, but here are five:
1. Jeremy (oldest son) coming to visit and the whole family being together. My husband took the week off and Jesse (youngest son) and Jason (middle son) were able to take a day off as well. And Jason brought Mittu (daughter-in-law) and Timothy (very special grandson 🙂 ) to spend a day at our house while he worked.
2. Jeremy’s birthday. Nice to have a special day to let people know you’re glad they were born to our family – and an excuse to have lasagna and Boston Creme Pie as well. 🙂
3. Fun despite being rained out of a couple of activities. We went to the Farmer’s Market Saturday and got thoroughly soaked but had a fun time. Then we were supposed to go to an outdoor jazz concert downtown one evening, and it got rained out as well, but we enjoyed dinner at a favorite local pizza place.
4. A fairly relaxed week. I was fretting about getting something done one afternoon and thought, “You know what? Everyone else is taking some time off this week, so I will, too.” Besides dealing with essentials like meals, dishes, and laundry, I decided not to worry about getting anything else done this week and just enjoyed relaxing and fellowship. And I even got “off” for a few meals when we ate out and dishes when Mittu did them a number of times.
5. Games. I love playing games with the family, and we pretty much only do that when everyone is here. Looking forward to more of that this weekend! Mittu and I ended up battling it out for first place in a Settlers of Catan, beating out the boys one night! She won. 🙂
Bonus: My birthday is today! Looking forward to celebrating with the family – everyone is off today! This is the first time since Jeremy moved that he has been able to be here for my birthday!