It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends. Here are some favorite parts of the last week:
1. Lunch out at Cheddar’s. Most of you know we usually have to bring take-out in rather than going out because we can’t leave my mother-in-law home alone. But last Saturday morning Jim and I were out while her morning caregiver was here, and it was lunch time and we were near Cheddar’s, so he suggested we go there. Jason, Mittu, and Timothy were with us and Jesse joined us. That’s one of my favorite places, and we usually only go there once a year for my birthday, so it was a treat in many ways.
2. Cooler temperatures. It was overcast the first part of the week and rainy the latter part, providing a welcome break from the summer heat. The rain has been watering my plants for me as well.
3. Hershey’s miniatures. Chocolate sweetness in small portions. 🙂
4. Jim’s mom’s 87th birthday was Thursday, but we’re celebrating Friday when everyone’s off for the Fourth – Jason and Jesse work different shifts, making it hard to do things on week nights.
5. Friday off. With Independence Day falling on a Saturday this year, everyone has Friday off. Love 3-day weekends.
Happy Friday, and Happy 4th of July!