It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here are five favorite parts of the past week:
1. Flowers and bushes. This past Saturday my husband and I finally had time to go shopping for hanging baskets, flowers for the front planters, and a couple of bushes we needed to replace, then we got them planted that afternoon. They do brighten up the view. 🙂 One bush was a camellia – I have always wanted one but haven’t seen them for sale before. Plus I noticed my hydrangea that we planted a few years ago is finally blooming well: last year it only had a couple of blossoms.
2. Ribs. My husband had to eat dinner with some people he works with one night, and ordered a whole rack of ribs so he would have some left over to bring to me. 🙂
3. A good report at the eye doctor for Timothy. Preemies can develop certain eye problems, so his parents have to take him for occasional appointments to an eye doctor. His appointment this week showed no problems at all: the doctor said he wouldn’t have known he was a preemie except that it was in his chart.
4. Great-grandma feeling better. She was having some trouble last week – just seemed generally low, had some trouble eating, and her heart rate was higher than usual. We couldn’t get in to see the doctor til this week, and by then she was pretty much back to normal, but everything seems to be as ok as it can be for an 86 year old bedridden woman.
5. A sign on a tree. When we were plant shopping, we saw a sign on one little tree that it wasn’t for sale because a nest with baby birds was in it. I’m not one who feels people can’t build because of wildlife or birds in the area, but in this case, I thought it was sweet that the store would hold on to that tree until the babies are out.
Hope you have a great weekend!