It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It’s been a nice week in many respects. Here are the highlights:
1. A Ladies’ Tea at our church. The best part is that my daughter-in-law was able to go with me. I think this is only the second or third tea I have ever been to, the first one at this church. I loved the cute little sandwiches and desserts as well – not only attractive, but it was nice to be able to have a small sample of a number of things.
2. Getting a haircut. I always tend to put off it too long, so I am usually quite relieved when I finally get it done. My hair is not very cooperative in the first place, but less so the longer it gets. I went just a bit shorter than usual this time and like it much better.
3. Sunday dinner. For various reasons, my daughter-in-law and grandson were at our house Sunday morning, and when we got home she had made dinner. Always nice but especially on a Sunday – it provides a little more time to relax in the afternoon.
4. Spending gift cards. I’d had to return a Christmas gift to the local Christian bookstore and got a gift certificate for store credit since I didn’t have a receipt. I don’t shop there often (love them, but they’re very expensive, even with coupons), so I kept forgetting to go look around and spend my certificate. Then they sent me a postcard that our local branch of the store was going out of business, so I went in to see if I could find anything to use my certificate before it was too late. With several going-out-of-business markdowns, I was able to get a few books and a pretty pink scarf (why there were scarves at a bookstore, I don’t know…). I also have some gift cards to JoAnn’s from last year and was able to get things for a couple of projects. I enjoyed the outings and “free” shopping.
5. Finishing a few “heavy” books, one in length and two in subject matter. They were all beneficial, but it’s nice to move on to something lighter and shorter for a bit.
Hope you have a great weekend!