It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This has been another good week – busy, but different. Here are some of the best parts of it:
1. An outdoor lunch. Great-grandma’s caregiver couldn’t come Tuesday due to having a sick child, so Jim worked from home partly to help take care of her and partly to work on something that he could do better at home without all the interruptions at work. It was a beautiful day, so we took GG (as we shorten her name in texts) in her wheelchair out on the back patio and the three of us had lunch together. It was just the perfect temperature to do that, and Jim and I don’t eat lunch together during the week very often, and I had brought Chick-Fil-A back after a trip to the store, so it was a treat all around.
2. Putting away winter clothes. Even though it’s supposed to get into the 20s again this weekend. 🙂 We still have some sweaters and jackets handy in the front closet if we need them.
3. Greening and pinking of some of the bushes and trees in the yard. More signs of spring!
4. Progress on the project I mentioned last week. I had hoped to be done with it in time to show you today, but these things almost always take longer than expected.
5. Timothy crawling! He’s been working on it for some time, though we almost wondered if he was going to skip crawling and go straight to walking, as he seems to be trying to figure out ways to pull up on the furniture and can stand a few seconds at a time without help. But somehow Tuesday night it all clicked, and he took off! And now I need to buy outlet covers and put some items out of reach. 😀
P. S. I am having a giveaway for the excellent book She Is Mine: A War Orphan’s Incredible Journey of Survival by Stephanie Fast. Leave a comment on my review of the book to enter – the drawing is Monday.