It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This has been another good week. Here are some of the best parts of it:
1. Pi Day. For years I have heard of other people celebrating “Pi Day” – March 14, the same numbers as pi (3.14 – even more remarkable in 2015 because the next numbers in the sequence are 15) by having pie on that day, and I thought it looked like a fun thing to do (and any excuse to eat pie is a good one! 🙂 ). But I had never done it, usually because I didn’t think about it in time. But this year I did! We had hamburger pie for dinner and then dessert via a store-bought chocolate pie and a pumpkin pie from Christmas that had been in the freezer. It was fun.
2. Cracker Barrel take-out. Love that place, but my husband doesn’t really care for it. Yet he agreed to bring some home for me one night. Nice man. 🙂
3. Mittu’s dinner. We came home from church Sunday afternoon to a dinner already made by my daughter-in-law. So nice to just come in and sit down and eat!
4. Ceiling fans. During the first part of the week it was pretty warm out (60s and 70s, even got up to 80 one day), but I didn’t want to turn on the AC yet (although I finally did when it got up to 75 in the house one evening). But for the most part ceiling fans helped cool things off a bit as needed.
5. Starting a project that has been on my mind for more years than I want to admit. Trying to decide exactly what I wanted to do held me up for a long while, and then finding the time and motivation (at the same time) to do the preparatory work was a problem. But I got that much done this week and hope the actual execution will go pretty quickly. I had hoped to be finished with it by now, but maybe I will be by next week. Meanwhile, here is a sneak peek:
Bonus: It’s officially the first day of SPRING!
It turned rainy and cooler the latter half of the week, but I’m still glad it’s not snow and ice any more, and I am looking forward to a sunny weekend. Happy Friday!
Note to Paula – I tried several times to comment on your FFF post but just kept getting a window saying “Error establishing a database connection.”