It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
We actually had a day in the 60s that felt so wonderful – and then the next day had sleet and ice, but only for 1/2 an hour, so not too bad. I’m still more than ready for spring to arrive! Just a couple more weeks now! Meanwhile, here are some favorite parts of the last week:
1. Girl Scout Cookies, and more importantly, my husband bringing me some unasked when some girls were selling them in front of a store. He ordered some more later through someone at work. My favorites are Tagalongs and Do-Si-Dos.
2. An impromptu movie night watching The Hundred-Foot Journey recommended by Susanne. I liked all the same things she mentioned.
3. Gluten-free snacks. My daughter-in-law has been trying to eat gluten-free to see if that helps with some stomach issues she has been having. If you’ve ever tried eating without gluten, the hardest food items are breads, cakes, and that kind of thing. All that we have tried so far have been very dense and heavy. I found a few things on Amazon to try and got some for her birthday (but they arrived late due to weather). Of the ones we opened and tried that night, My Dad’s Cookies were really good and Glutino GF Chocolate Chip Cookies were tasty as well. The first ones were light and both were soft rather than crunchy.
4. The Aaron Coffey team has been at our church this week. Unfortunately I have only been able to go to one service, but I really enjoyed it.
5. Easy meals. We had enough leftovers from one meal for a complete second meal as well as lunch, enough pork chops leftover from another meal to make a stir-fry the next night, and some frozen chicken fajita meat my husband had found on sale and put in the freezer to heat up for chicken tacos one night. It helps to have a few easy meals in the rotation.
Bonus: Today is my dear husband’s birthday! We’ll actually be celebrating tomorrow when everyone’s schedules coordinate, but I am very thankful for him and his years with us. 🙂
Hope you have a good weekend. I am hoping we’ve seen the last of snow and ice til next year!