It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I’m “late to the party” today – it has been a busy end to a busy week. Here are some of the highlights:
1. Mittu’s birthday was last week but between bad weather and work schedules, we couldn’t get together to celebrate til Sunday. I love birthdays – the special food and treats, cards and presents, getting everyone together, and letting that person know how special they are to the family.
2. A bit of rearranging, sorting, organizing. There is not time to do that on a full scale for a while, but I had some pockets of opportunities to rearrange a few things in a couple of cabinets and in the living room in a way I had been thinking about but hadn’t had time to do yet. It’s nice when you get an idea about how things might work better and then have an opportunity to try it out.
3. Face Time with Timothy in the snow. When Jason and Mittu took him out to play in the snow and build his first snowman, they let me tag along via Face Time on our phones. Timothy wasn’t much impressed at this point, but I think next year he’ll probably enjoy it more.
4. An afternoon “off.” After getting the most necessary things done for the week, I gave myself a little time to relax and watch the latest episode of Downton Abbey.
5. Chocolate chip butterscotch brownies. I don’t bake many treats with just the three of us here, lest I be tempted to consume more than I should, but it was hard to have the wintry weather of the last couple of weeks and not do any baking. So today I made a half-recipe of these. Yum.
Speaking of the wintry weather – I could list melting snow as a bonus fave. 🙂 Where I have lived, when we get snow it is usually gone in a day or two, and that’s how I like it. 🙂 I don’t think I’ve ever been where snow has stuck around for a couple of weeks. I know, I know, that’s nothing compared to what some of you further north face, but snow is one reason I’m glad I live here and not there! 🙂