It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
It has been a pretty good week. Here are some favorite parts of it:
1. A walk with Timothy. Jim and I baby-sat our little grandson, Timothy, last Saturday, and it was such a nice day out, his parents left his stroller here in case we wanted to take him for a walk. So we did! Some of the neighbors were out enjoying the day as well and came over to ooh and aah over him, always a joy to a grandmother’s heart. 🙂 He’s at such a fun age, it seems every week he is learning a new skill or growing in one he already had. He just had his 9 month check-up last week, and is in the 90th percentile for a 9 month old and exactly where he needs to be in his development – a special blessing since he started out 10 1/2 weeks early and 3 lbs. 6 oz.!
2. More daylight. One of the things I love about Dec. 21, besides its being our anniversary, is that after that day we turn a corner and start having longer days, or rather more daylight in the day. It’s not noticeable at first, but it is now!
3. Spending gift cards. I had a fun shopping excursion spending some Christmas gift cards this week.
4. A new TV. Ours suddenly died with no forewarning or previous problems last weekend. Jim found one on a good sale online but decided to try in town first. He did find it and the store was willing to match the online price, so we didn’t have to wait several days for delivery. It’s bigger than our old one, and we’ve been really enjoying it.
5. “Notify me” feature. I mentioned a few weeks ago liking the Find Friends app on my phone, which enables me to see where my family is, or at least where their phones are. I didn’t even see, until Jesse mentioned it, that it has a “Notify me” feature where you can ask it to signal you when a person leaves their destination. It is especially handy for me because Jim doesn’t have the type of job where he can clock out at 5 on the dot. His arrival time at home can vary by 1 1/2 to 2 hours. So I usually wait to get some idea of when he’ll be home in order so I know when to start dinner. Now, instead of bugging him with texts or continually checking the Find Friends app, my phone dings when he leaves. Very helpful!
Hope you’ve had a great week as well. They’re forecasting snow here for tomorrow. I hope they’re wrong, but I’d rather have it on a Saturday than a week day. Since I don’t have a choice in the matter, I guess I’ll just adjust to whatever comes. 🙂