It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Usually the first week after the holidays, after everyone has gone back to work, is my quiet time to rest and reflect, but this week has been crazy. My mother-in-law’s caregiver’s son was sick one day, so she was out, then Jesse was sick most of the week. I almost thought we might have to take him to the hospital for IV fluids, as he was getting dehydrated from not being able to keep anything down. Then his appetite was next to nothing for a couple of days. Plus my recuperation from having a tooth pulled was taking longer than expected. But there have been some bright spots throughout; here are a few:
1. Wellness. We’re getting better every day, and praying that whatever Jesse had doesn’t spread, especially to Great-grandma.
2. Evening hours at the Doctor’s office. One evening after dinner when Jesse was showing symptoms of a secondary infection, we called the doctor’s office and they were able to get him in right away. I’m so glad they’re open some evenings.
3. A quiet day. Sunday I wasn’t feeling well, so I ended up staying home from church. I spent the morning lying on the couch, listening to a couple of sermons online and dozing off and on. Maybe the Lord knew I needed that pocket of quietness and solitude between the lovely but busy holidays and the week that was to come.
4. Sunshine. It seemed like the sky had been overcast for days. It was nice to see the sun this week.
5. A meal brought home. Yesterday was just one of those days. It wasn’t bad, it was just frustrating in the sense that I felt like a ball in a pinball machine being whacked from thing to thing that needed attention and not able to complete anything. I finally got a couple of things done in the afternoon, and then called and asked my husband, “Would you reward my lack of inspiration to make dinner by bringing something home?” 🙂 Good man that he is, he agreed. It was nice to have the time I would normally have been making dinner to gather my wits.
There was also some good news on a couple of fronts, but they’re not public yet, so I’ll wait til next week to share them. 🙂 And maybe next week will be back to “normal” – whatever that is. 🙂