It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
This past week has been full to overflowing with blessings. Here are some of the highlights:
1. Our 35th anniversary. We thought we were going to my son and daughter-in-law’s place for lunch, but they surprised us with an anniversary celebration.
2. A special gift. Our kids had a special book made for our anniversary with photos and memories. This will be one of our most prized treasures.
3. A dinner date. Since Jim’s mom has lived with us, we can’t usually eat out because of the expense of hiring someone to care for her. But we did on our anniversary. I had been hankering for a steak from Outback for a while, so we went there. Yummy food and truly nice for the two of us to get away for a bit.
4. Family time. My oldest is home for the week, my husband is off for a couple of weeks, and everyone else had a couple of days off besides the weekends, so it has been nice to have some family time with everyone home.
5. Christmas could supply five faves all on its own – reading and reflecting on the Christmas story from the Bible, giving and receiving, wonderful food, afternoon naps, evening games, and spending a lot of time with our little grandson on his first Christmas.
Hope you’ve had a great week as well. It’s hard to believe that not only December, but the year is winding down to a close. Now that Christmas is over I am looking forward to a bit of down time over the next few days.