It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Here are some of my favorite parts of the week:
1. A relatively quiet week after a couple of busy ones.
2. Getting some odds and ends tasks done – those little things you see but can’t tend to at the time. It was good to get several of those taken care of this week. Plus I was able to make definite plans for a project that has been on the back burner for years. I hope to actually start on it next week if not before.
3. A scenic route. Normally I am not a fan of going for a drive just to do so. The car is not where I like to spend time, and I like to get from Point A to Point B in the shortest time possible. But in my errand running yesterday my GPS app decided to take me on some back roads I had never seen before. About the time I began to seriously wonder where I was, I figured I was almost at the end of the route, and if I wasn’t where I was supposed to be, I’d reconfigure it. I did end up at the right place, both times, though I am still not sure how I got there! But the timing and everything worked out and the drive was truly lovely. Though some trees are losing leaves, there is still a lot of beautiful color to see. In a couple of hundred yards on one road it seemed to be raining leaves.
4. Running errands on a perfect fall day. Some of my favorite stores (Joann’s, Michael’s, Tuesday Morning) are far enough away that I have to make special plans to get over there and then try to hit all three. As it turned out, I didn’t find what I needed at any of them, but I still enjoyed the outing, along with a stroll through Babies R Us! 🙂 It was a windy, blustery day, cool but not enough to need a sweater, my hair was flying and leaves were swirling every time I got out of the car. I find that kind of weather invigorating!
5. The privilege of voting…and the fact that most of the elections I was a part of concluded the way I wanted. 🙂
My “blustery day” reminded me of one of my favorite childhood videos, Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day. My kids loved Pooh when they were little, and I can’t wait to show these to Timothy! Here’s an excerpt: