It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
Somehow this last week has flown. Here are some of my favorite parts of it:
1. Blue skies after rainy days. It has been a fairly wet week here, and overcast even when it wasn’t raining some days. One day when I was washing my hands at the sink and looking at a bright, blue, clear sky outside the window, I just stood for a moment soaking it in and appreciating it – probably more so for not having seen it in a while.
2. Cooler weather. The temperatures have been just right for me this week – cool but not much as to need a sweater or jacket.
3. A fun family night. Jason and Mittu came over and brought meatball subs and pumpkin pie, and Jesse’s girlfriend came over as well. We enjoyed watching a movie and then watching little Timothy. 🙂 At one point we got out an old ragged frog puppet that Jim used to use with the kids – I don’t even know what brought it to mind. But Jim started using it to talk to Timothy, and he was laughing so much that all the rest of us were almost going into hysterics watching. So fun.
4. Organizing loose ribbons and trim in the craft room. They were just loose in a drawer.
I think I saw this idea for wrapping them around 5 x 2 pieces of foam board on Pinterest.
It’s nice to be able to tell at a glance what I have.
5. Getting a mammogram and bone density test over with, both with good results. Our doctor’s health care system has a “patient portal” that patients can enroll in online, and results of tests and labs are often there within a day, and with more detail than just “everything’s fine.” It’s nice to get that done and not have to think about it again for a while.
And finally, I just had to share this with you. My son posted it with the caption “The resemblance is uncanny.”