It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends. Here are my favorite parts of the last week:
1. ♫♪ It’s beginning to look a lot like autumn…♪♫ Leaves are starting to turn, temperatures are starting to lower a bit sometimes. I agree with Anne of Green Gables: I am glad to live in a world where there are Octobers! I changed my floral arrangement out front to an autumnal one, but hope to get the rest of the fall decorations out soon.
2. Ladies’ Luncheon at church. It was originally going to be an overnight retreat, which I could not have gone to, then with all that has gone on in our church this summer, it was decided to make it a one-day seminar, and then finally changed to just a 3 hour event with our speaker sharing before and after a meal. The messages, food, and fellowship were all really good and the fall decorations were just right.
3. Home-made bread. One lady at our church makes scrumptious home-made bread and made about four different types for the luncheon. There was a lot left over, and she urged us to take some home. That was a rare treat. I haven’t tried to bake bread since early marriage when my attempts did not turn out so well.
4. Our hibiscus bush. I’ve never tried one of these before, but we needed something for a couple of places around the house and got a couple of these last spring. They’ve done wonderfully with really very little care. We thought one of them was damaged due to an early frost, but it came back. I should have taken a photo a couple of days ago when it had several open blooms on it, but here is one:
5. A visit, a meal, and rocking a grandchild to sleep. I had an appointment one afternoon, and Jason and Mittu came over, brought me flowers and made dinner for us. I got to rock little Timothy while the dinner preparations were going on and even made him laugh a few times. We also made the flight arrangements for our oldest to come home for Thanksgiving. I’m so looking forward to it!
It’s been a busy week – now I need to regroup and figure out what’s next. 🙂 Have a great weekend!