It’s Friday, time to look back over the blessings of the week with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story and other friends.
I was hesitant about doing an FFF today since my pastor passed away this week, but since we can find blessings and evidence of God’s goodness even at such times, and he wouldn’t want us to be morose, I decided to go ahead with five favorites of the week.
1. A 3-day weekend due to Labor Day. Always fun to have an extra day off during the week and get together with family.
2. Timothy going to church. They’re starting to be able to take him out amongst other people now, though they still can’t put him in the nursery and still have to be cautious about being around sick people.
3. Winning an Amazon gift card from Lost Generation Reader in connection with the Austen in August reading challenge! That’s probably where I shop most often, so it’s a delight to have more means to do so!
4. Comforting and encouraging each other. I described our Wednesday night service in more detail in a previous post, but we found out our pastor had passed away shortly before, and it was such a help to be there and encourage each other from the Bible. Then on Facebook ever since, various people have been sharing anecdotes, Scripture, thoughts, and photos (even funny ones).
5. The hope we can have of heaven when we’ve believed on the Lord Jesus Christ as our Savior and Lord. The loss of loved ones just would not be bearable without that. I urge you to be ready to meet Him, because the end of life will come to all of us, and we truly don’t know how much time we have. Besides being prepared for death, accepting Christ also means His forgiveness, help, and grace for this life. If you’d like to know more please read this, and let me know if I can be of help in any way.